Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat!




Tonight was filled with good food, good friends, fun costumes and of course... CANDY!

The kids had a blast and so did the adults.





I read a few articles about how if you suffer from fibromyalgia its a bad idea to take naps.  Today I found out the hard way that the people who wrote these articles actually knew a little something about what they were saying.  Bad Day + Nap = Feel like you got hit by a truck.  Seriously.

Luckily I was able to pull it together and make it through dinner.  It seems every time we have a particular group of friends over we have tacos.  Never fails.  This time I decided to change up the usual Pico De Gallo recipe.  I am no longer able to eat tomatoes.  Its sad... I try not to think about it.  Last week we tried a recipe that replaced tomatoes with peaches and it was DELICIOUS.  So I decided to use the same trick with my Pico recipe.  Results:  Peach'O De Gallo  (all credit for the name goes to JM).

Peach'O De Gallo:
3 peaches
1 medium onion
1 bunch of cilantro
1 lime
kosher salt to taste

Dice the peaches, onion, and cilantro and mix them together.  Coat the mixture in the juice of 1 lime and then salt to taste.



I also had hot cocoa waiting on our gaggle of trick or treaters when they returned.  I doubled this recipe for our group.

Hot Cocoa:

12 oz. can evaporated milk
12 oz. water
1/2 cup sugar
1 heaping Tbs Hershey's cocoa

Mix water and evaporated milk and heat slowly to your liking (do not boil).

In a separate bowl, mix sugar and cocoa until well blended.  Add 2 Tbs of water and stir until it forms a soupy mix.  When the milk is hot enough, slowly stir cocoa mixture, cook over low heat until cocoa mixture is dissolved.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment