Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Trying to get them to like cabbage...

Today I was able to con the children into helping me wash the van as a way to cool off.  WIN!  And then I was stung on the top of my head by a bee.  Can't win them all I suppose.

Still looking for a way to get my favorites to enjoy cabbage.  This recipe is a small victory.  Piper cleaned her plate, Jeff said it was 'meh', and Sydney wouldn't touch it.  Better than the normal response.  I thought it was pretty tasty but then again I like cabbage pretty much any way its fixed.

Roasted Cabbage Steak:

Slice head of cabbage into "steaks" about an inch thick
Put them on a baking sheet.
I chose to put Olive Garden Italian dressing and a little bit of kosher salt on these and then bake them for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.  Then I turned them over, put a little more dressing on them and baked them for another 20 minutes.  When they were done I topped them with a zucchini and tomato sauce concoction.

Zucchini & Tomato Sauce Concoction:

1 Onion sliced
1 large zucchini chunked
Pasta sauce - all depends on how saucy you want your concoction to end up.

Saute onion in olive oil, once it starts to brown add the zucchini and cook until it is softened.  Add pasta sauce and cook until sauce is hot.

This is a terrible picture.  I really should have picked literally
 ANY other color plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment