Friday, June 19, 2015

The kids and I fancy ourselves Harvard students...

Signed up for another EdX course today (currently finishing up a course on comic books).  This one is Science & Cooking and is being offered for free by Harvard. The kids are I are going to be doing the course together.  I have no idea what we'll get out of it but hopefully we'll accidentally learn a thing or two.

Dinner:  I decided to go ahead and pick the peas early so that I won't have to deal with so many right before we leave.  Sauteed them up with some broccoli, asparagus, and zucchini.  Threw in some fresh basil, pinch of kosher salt and a splash of lemon juice - not too shabby.



Also went with the easy option for protein.  We get these at Costco.  They aren't anywhere near as good as salmon cakes but for a reasonably quick meal option (25 minutes from frozen) they aren't that bad.  Speaking of Costco - anyone else feel the kick to the shin when they upped the price on the Udi's bread?  Love the larger loaves of bread though.  Too bad they aren't all that size that's what she said.  Perhaps this will be the push we need to try making bread again.

 

I didn't end up getting a picture of the finished product because I got distracted by this little lady getting herself all gussied up for no other reason than it made her happy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment