Saturday, June 27, 2015

Let the canning begin!

If you're going to be stuck in a
hot kitchen you might as well
enjoy a tall glass of southern
sweet mint iced tea.
Today was the day!  Time to break out the canner and get down to business.  It was nice to be able to start with small batches rather than staring down the barrel at piles of food threatening to go bad if you look at it the wrong way.  With any luck I'll be able to stay on top of everything (yes, I realize I probably just jinxed myself).  Three quarts of beans and four quarts of pickles.  We decided to throw in a pint of zucchini pickles just to see what happens.  Looks like I'll be able to pick more beans tomorrow.


Looking forward to getting into the bees tomorrow.  It has been 9 days since I put on the honey super so it will be exciting to see their progress.

    
Kiddos are at their Mawmaw and Granddaddy's
house this evening so that means a mini vacation
for Jeff and I.  Sushi and the new cider by
Woodchuck.  I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment