Sunday, October 13, 2013

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge: Day 4

How have your friends and family reacted to it?

My husband and my children have been wonderful.  I could never expect anyone to be more supportive.  I have quite a few family members who also live with chronic pain and they are understanding.  I have other family members who try to understand.  I appreciate that they try.  I have also felt some doubt from a few, and that's OK.  I am not in a position where I can allow other peoples opinions of my illness to affect me.

I have a group of very supportive friends.  These are people I know I can count on. These are the people who ask me how I am doing and genuinely care about my answer.  Some of these people I only keep up with through facebook, email, and text but their friendships mean a lot.  The group of people I used to call friends has become more of a list of people I now call acquaintances.  This has a great deal more to do with me and my need to simplify to survive than any of them specifically.


I have heard and read horror stories about how people are treated by those who are supposed to love and support them through situations like this and it breaks my heart.  It also makes me appreciate the people in my life who support me even more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to be in the group of supportive friends. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete