Tuesday, October 22, 2013

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge: Day 13

Has your illness had any affect of your mental health?  Explain.

Yes.

My health started to change during a combination of very unfortunate events.   Any one of these things would have been enough to cause anxiety but I feel that the number of factors happening at one time made the issue much worse.  With the help of therapy and anti-depressants I worked through a large part of my depression issue but was still left with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.  I find it very difficult not to worry about being blindsided by pain and illness again.  A lot of times I don't even know what I'm worried about, I just can't shake that feeling that something is about to go horribly wrong.

Working through this... looking for the magic combination of calming my stress, and probably medication.  I have hope that once my sleep situation is worked out a little better that this will go a long way to helping calm my busy little mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment