Saturday, October 12, 2013

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge: Day 3

How did you get a diagnosis?

I was diagnosed with IBS by my Gastroenterologist.  I have had 3 upper endoscopies, 1 colonoscopy, and 1 capsule endoscopy (I got so swallow a camera pill).  The reason for most of these tests developed after having my gallbladder removed.  I also have a hiatal hernia, a slight problem with bile pooling in my stomach, and a gluten intolerance though my biopsy came back negative for Celiac Disease.

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder by my psychiatrist.  It was pretty obvious...

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by several doctors but we'll just go ahead and say it was the Rheumatologist I recently saw since he was the most thorough.  Everything imaginable or at least reasonable was ruled out with blood tests and a physical examination.

No comments:

Post a Comment