Thursday, October 31, 2013

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge: Day 22

How do you feel you have been treated by the medical system?  Explain.

I feel that I have been treated pretty well within the medical system.

I've only been hassled and examined once for track marks to make sure I wasn't a drug seeker.  I only had to endure my jello, dillauded diet for a week and a half while I waited for surgery.  The only long term effect is the constant battle with gastritis as a result of eating what basically amounts to heroin for a week and half.  I became so anemic I needed a blood transfusion and an iron infusion.  All because the wrong blood test was ordered - repeatedly.

These stories don't even come close to the horror stories of some out there.  So, I'm counting myself lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment