Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mangez Plus De Coq

I may or may not have taken a little liberty with that translation but... freedom of speech!

I am fascinated by the reaction to the recent boycott of Chik-Fil-A.  I also find it confusing that groups of people who claim to support Chik-Fil-A under the guise of "freedom of speech" are making such blatant attacks against people who are simply exercising their... Freedom of Speech.  I suppose it's only OK when what people are saying jives with your personal belief system?

I wonder...

if we were to find out that privately held fast food chain Chicken Partz was donating money to organizations that went out of their way to support an agenda that kept people with hazel eyes from being able to marry other people with hazel eyes would this still be an issue of free speech?  Would you still choose to spend your money on their MSG soaked product and create a special Eat More Chicken day just to show your support for their right to keep people with Hazel eyes from participating in a legal union?  If so then... strange...  but more power to you.  That is in fact your right.  As it is my right to eat less chicken (in fact I choose to eat no chicken) and not have my money go to support an agenda which would keep people who I hold very dear from being able to enjoy the basic right to spend their life in legal union with the person they love. Even if they happen to both have hazel eyes.

Chik-Fil-A has every right to donate money to what ever organization they chose.  I have every right to not spend money there and let people know why.

GOD!  Don't you LOVE this country!!

No comments:

Post a Comment