Friday, January 13, 2012

Adventures...

Red Pill or Blue Pill
Today's adventure took me to the eyeball doctor.  A good friend of mine reminded me while I was there not to let the doctor bounce my eyeball (thank you Zuckerberg for making it possible for my friends to keep my ass in line at ALL times).  I assured her that if that were to happen then I would punch the Doctor in the boob.  And I would have... but everyone escaped relatively unharmed.  My pupils were 10x's too large when I left but they seem to be getting over themselves.  When I have episodes of vertigo I end up with tired and blurry vision so I wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up.  She says my eyes look great.  Very healthy.  This is good news and she could have stopped there but then she says "You are strange though".  Um... yeah... totally could have told you that.  Anyways she says when my eyes are dilated my nearsightedness improves.  Shut up pupils!

Here is what we had for dinner tonight - this isn't exactly a recipe... but I haven't exactly mastered whatever this creation will end up being.  But you should try it. It's good.

I made some hulled buckwheat using beef broth, added a can of black beans (rinsed and drained), and I mixed a little bit of a can of diced tomatoes in with it (just enough to add moisture).  Added a dash of salt, onion powder, and paprika and served on romaine leaves.  Next time I make this I'm going to add corn and possibly a little bit of garlic.  All in all VERY tasty.  I also toasted up some Udi's hamburger buns and slathered them in apple butter.  Because... sometimes you just need to have apple butter.  Right?  Right.

I also think I have found a great craft project for this weekend... or a weekend... might not happen this weekend.  TARDIS refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment