Friday, August 2, 2013

Cupcakes and Test Results

A few days ago I had the urge to make cupcakes.  Because... cupcakes.  All the reason I need.  Unfortunately I had exactly zero eggs in the house.  After doing some internet searching for egg replacement options I came across a few suggestions for using pumpkin.  I had a can of pumpkin.  Problem solved.

So what you want to do is use a 1/4 cup of pumpkin for every egg needed for the recipe.  I also read that you can replace the oil in the recipe with pumpkin by replacing equal parts for what the recipe calls for.

1 King Arthur's chocolate cake mix, a little vanilla, and a little water, and 1 can of pumpkin later and this is what I ended up with.
Sooo... they aren't pretty... but you throw some icing on those bad boys and no one ever has to know they look like meadow muffins.  They taste really good and the kids like them so over all I'm calling this a win.
Finally went in and had my follow up tests done to make sure I'm not anemic again - remember when I stopped making blood?  All of my tests came back great.  Even the extra thyroid test thrown in there because I've gotten a little pudgy (OK, that's not the ONLY reason why she ordered that test).  My next adventure will involve a Rheumatologist and hopefully will lead to finding some pain management options that work.

No comments:

Post a Comment