Tuesday, July 30, 2013

This weeks adventures in canning.

I'm pretty new to this whole canning business.

I have been eating home canned food my whole life but until this year I hadn't had much interest in doing this myself.

So far I have canned: Spaghetti Sauce, Green Beans, Squash and Zucchini, Vegetable Soup, and Chicken Stock.

I would LOVE to know what your favorite canning recipes are.  I have a table full of squash and cucumbers that are just begging to be turned into pickles... they will just have to wait their turn.

Green Beans
the USDA doesn't recommend canning squash and zucchini... I did it anyway.
Spaghetti Sauce
This sauce is supper yummy and easy to make.

Sister Soup - Recipe to be posted later.

Syd had a great time peeling tomatoes.

Piper is a champion onion chopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment