Saturday, October 15, 2011

Udi's Pizza Crust

After waiting... and waiting... and waiting... I finally gave up on our local Martin's ever getting in the Udi's Pizza crusts.  I went into our local specialty grocery store Cranberries and had them order us a case.  I was a little nervous ordering a whole case having never tried the product before but I decided to put my faith in the Udi's name and bite the bullet.


We went with our normal toppings with the dinner pizza.  Ricotta Cheese, Pepperoni, Kalamata Olives, Mushrooms, Bacon, and Shredded Cheese.  I wasn't disappointed by the crust but while eating I was already thinking of other ways I would prefer to enjoy it - flat bread sandwiches, cheese sticks, substitute for Naan?






We chose to make a dessert pizza with the second crust in the package.  I had seen a lot of different people posting about using Nutella and a base and putting apples on the top.  When we took the pie out of the oven we drizzled Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel sauce on top.  Delicious.






Now we're all going to snuggle up on the couch and watch The Princess Bride.  I love seeing the girls faces the first time they see movies I loved growing up.

Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment